Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Our Lady of Pellevoisin & the White Scapular


PART ONE
In 1876 the Blessed Virgin appeared, only seven years after her apparition at Pontmain, France, to a sickly servant in Pellevoisin, France. Estelle Faguette, the visionary, was born in 1843. At the beginning of the year 1876, she lay dying at the age of 33 of pulmonary tuberculosis. She was also suffering peritonitis and an abdominal tumor. On 10 February, 1876, her doctor told her she had only a few hours to live. She then gave up. She was going to die & that was that.
But not if the Blessed Mother could help it.
The first apparition of Mary occurred during the night of 14 February, 1876, Estelle was awakened to see the horrible black shape of a demon at the foot of her bed. Frightened, she screamed, but was astonished to see Our Lady standing next to her bed. Our Lady angrily asked the demon what he was doing there, & immediatly it left. Our Lady then lovingly looked upon Estelle and told her to fear nothing, for she was the Queen of Heaven. Our Lady then asked if she was willing to suffer for five more days in honor of Our Lord's five Holy Wounds. On Saturday, she would either be dead or cured. The next night, Estelle was once more awakened by the horrible demon, but Our Lady once again rebuked him. She spoke, saying," Be not afraid, for I am here. My Son is showing His mercy to you. He will let you live, & you will be cured on Saturday."
To be continued...check back tommorrow!

8 comments:

Marie said...

A miraculous apparition and what a most beautiful statue of Our Lady.

Thankyou for sharing this story:).

Peace & JOY to you:)

Marie

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting this. I know of the brown scapular which I have worn now for the last 46 years of my life. But I never heard of the white scapular. I would love to hear more about it.
Blessing, Ed

Anonymous said...

My name is Marie, too! I have translated the whole Pellevoisin story at http://getfaith.blogspot.com/2008/03/5-hours-to-live-guess-who-shows-up-our.html from the French. Take what you like! May I use your photo? I put it there already but will take it down if you wish. Thank you, this is a GREAT BLOG!

Unknown said...

Please,
Where can I purchase the Scapular of Our Lady of Pellevoisin?

Thank you
Jim

Anonymous said...

Im also interests to know

Anonymous said...

I would like to buy the scapular of Our Lady of Pellevoisin. Please let me know. Thank you and God bless.

Anonymous said...

In France, you can purchase online from France

Anonymous said...

You can buy from the shrine in French or any store over in French would have it.